Thursday, November 25, 2010

Close encounters of the 'bizarre' kind: A 'Mugging'?

I faintly noticed them as they weaved through the traffic jam. Four guys, early twenty, late teens, can't really say. It'd been a tiring day, I must've left half of my consciousness in the office. It wasn't till the lead guy started asking me for a 'donation' that I realized that they'd crowded my open window. My mind's still slow on the uptake as I try to formulate a polite apology. Then they spot my phone on the passenger's seat and ask me to hand it over. Their authoritative tone brings me around and I look at them like hunh? I finally get the message when they begin growling, cursing and gesturing threateningly. The lead guy's reaching into his jeans pocket, I'm like 'you gotta be kidding me'.  After my kind of day, this is the last thing I need. I face forward, hit the gas and zoom off.  Pscheew!

As if I didn't have enough concerns during the day. What, is it a sin to drive through heavy traffic with your window down now?
Nonsense! 

No comments:

Post a Comment