Friday, November 19, 2010

That We Were We...


Let's make believe for a while, that I was me and you were you...
The Real us. Ready? Open your heart, Believe, and savour the view;
Let's make this moment count, for now we have no guile;
And we can be us, the Real us, if only for a little while;

When I take off my mask, what do you see?
A sinner, a saint ... a mindless entity?
When you take off your mask, what do you feel?
Exposed to my view, naked, blind ...or free?

I step forward, reach out and hold you; feel my ungloved hand;
As I lead you off this road, of stereotypical demand.
We step out of stately shoes, off this path of the ordinary;
We forget convention, happenings; the reasons for our worries.

We walk on paths less trodden, in lush green fields of adventure;
And fill our world with magical colours, of purple, orange and azure;
We break fences of polished decorum, see what we find beyond;
We give our hearts to all we aspire, dance a jig to the stupidest songs;

We run and skip down hills of fancy, laughing as we stumble along;
Knowing in our hearts that all things end right, if they don't end wrong;

And exposed in this way, I promise you won't find a truer moment;
When joy, fulfilment and sincerity meet, and God, our virtues cement;
And just for this moment, while we live as we, let's make believe the world is sane,
That you are you, and I am me, and we shall be we, ...once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment